All You Need To Know Is What’s New In Sitecore XP 9.2
Sitecore has again come up with its new version 9.2 which was released in July this year. Sitecore has always been a game changer when it comes to the new features and updates that it provide with it’s new versions. Let’s see what Sitecore has put on our plate this time with Sitecore XP 9.2 and take leverage of it by upgrading to this new version.
- Sitecore 9.2 has its focus more on marketers to benefit from the connected data sources and deeper contextual insights that Sitecore xConnect, Sitecore Cortex, Sitecore headless, Sitecore Omni deliver.
- Sitecore Content Hub and XP integration: Sitecore Experience Platform 2 starts the integrated experience between ContentHub and Sitecore XP. To deliver the complete ownership of content lifecycle the first step in Sitecore’s integration starts with ContentHub’s Content Marketing platform and the digital asset management. Sitecore 9.2 introduces Sitecore’s first integration with Sitecore Content Hub and comprises of Sitecore’s machine –learning services with Sitecore Cortex as well as no –compromises handless with Sitecore Omni.
- Sitecore SXA and JSS inclusion: It leverages both of Sitecore’s frameworks and develops without concern: Whether utilizing SXA or JSS, teams can develop sites and applications in the same domain, sharing a content presentation and customer data to more productively deliver a consistent client JSS now completely underpins of Sitecore forms empowering form creation with headless deployment. Multi-Site management abilities, initially found in SXA, are presently got in JSS as well. JSS users can control and share content or presentation in a headless marking condition.
- Active personalization dashboard: It empowers a holistic overview of all active personalization strategies with the additional capability to rapidly act upon what we are looking Along with reach and effect measurements, marking teams can rapidly observe poorly performing and well performing strategies.
- Data Purging API: Oversee all your solutions’ information from a single API – Set up documenting strategies to keep your expenses under control as well as have data control to respond to any progressions to privacy A new API call to control and actively pursue data purging and archiving strategies. This API gives organizations unlimited authority over their solution’s data. Cleanse unnecessary data for a lower cost of ownership and to meet any privacy requirements.
- Whitelisting: is enabled by default for Azure Sitecore now indexes a predefined set of fields. This gives full control over the size of index and helps in overcoming the 1k field limitations in Azure search.
- Consumption tracking: Sitecore also collects telemetry metrics which helps us in understanding how our customers are using the product and developing websites using the features in the
- StyleLabs: is now integrated with SXA responsive images and allows you to use StyleLabs transformations to render the most appropriate images for different screen
- A new indexing sub-role has been added to the Sitecore server roles to simplify the configuration of content indexing. When we assign the indexing sub-role to a server role, that role oversees content indexing on its own and the other server roles that have not been allotted this sub-role will not index content. We can configure the indexing sub-role in the web.config file and can consolidate it with the CM and CD roles, for example, Content Management, Indexing.
- Security-Sitecore now underpins SSL offloading. A new configuration file has been introduced to enable SSL offloading. The \Ap _Config\Include\Examples\Sitecore.LoadBalancing.config.example file is disabled by default.
Sitecore XP now supports YAML serialization. The Serialization API has been refactored and improved to support serialization in YAML format. Tree serialization is now available and is similar to what Unicorn does.
Note: The old serialization format is going to be deprecated and removed in one of the coming major release.
The following required parameters have been added to the Send Email Campaign Message Submit action:
- o Select email filed
- o Specify the identification source
- o Select the consent field
- Improved integration between EXM and Sitecore Forms
If you use both EXM and Sitecore Forms, the 9.2 release provides some improved functionality that empowers marketers. The default send action for Sitecore Forms now helps marketers to send customized messages to both known and new contacts. The send action is activated when a form is submitted and can use data from the form itself as a result of enhanced support for custom tokens.
The name of selected goal/campaign/outcome/page is now shown in the list of selected save actions in the property editor.
Catch up with us to know more about Sitecore XP 9.2.
December 18, 2019
November 12, 2019
October 21, 2019