What are Advantages of Open Source Web Development
by Nitin Patel
The building of website faces many decisions that are important and has to be made without hesitation. One of the most important is the content management system. The preference here is for using the open source vs the propriety software as solutions. It has many benefits like the freedom, security, flexibility and accountability. The OSS has long term viability and is always seen to beat the cutting edge of technology. This is basically created by a worldwide community of individual developers and organizations. For any company, reducing overall costs for website development is also an integral factor to keep the company profit intact. Open source web development incurs less cost in case of any company. It gives any company the freedom from something called ‘vendor lock-in’ and enhances the overall long-term viability of the website.
# Open Source has cost benefits
The majority of OSS is vast and so the Open source web development is freely distributed. But it definitely requires configuration, maintenance and ongoing support. The tradeoff of OSS is both freedom and flexibility. Unlike the propriety software, this can be either adhered or extended by the developer who is familiar with the source code. This entire thing is supported by a community of website developers.
# Community of developers support OSS
The development shops are constantly reviewing Open source web development code that they support. In the same way there are thousands of independent developers who are working on the project worldwide. As a result there is a process of peer review that ensures both security as well as accountability. In case there is any issue with security of the software, it can be detected and repaired accordingly.
# OSS has strong values
The Open source web development has shops and developers that hold similar values. In all the aspects they are considered to be the advocates for more collaboration and volunteerism. They believe that it is beneficial to work together in order to build a free and high quality products. These products must be accessible to both the profit and the non- profit organizations.
# What are the benefits?
The Open source web development has in these years gained huge traction. It is not something of a winder that majority of the websites are powered by this technology. It is beneficial due to certain reasons:
- The first main advantage is the stability. The businesses basically require a stable environment to operate. The open source users are free to use the software as they want and can also modify it as per their requirement.
- The commercial vendors of software claim that they have a very high quality of products and security. The users also believe in this claim. You can modify the quality and security with the help of open source codes. This will help to create a robust product for your organization.
- The purchase value of Open source web development is zero. It also gives free upgrades and also makes the code available for those enthusiasts who wish to modify the code. The OSS has very low security risks and therefore reduces the load in the administration.
- The Open source web development has the flexibility to develop the source code as per the business requirements. There is no vendor lock as such and the developers can freely use the products. There will also be no licensing issues.
- The speed that is associated with open source software system actually enhances the quality growth of any company. The enterprise-grade implementation of software systems and values enhance the quality of the revenue generated by the company.
The open source development is gaining huge popularity in terms of implementation all over the world. The web developers are hired to create websites and web wonders. The future of any company now depends on high quality cloud server and open source software to facilitate everyday service and company proceedings.
November 13, 2019